Working papers on the role of civic education and media in democratization published
CENS is publishing the second round of papers in the "Frontiers of Democracy Working Papers" series as part of its "Frontiers of Democracy: Embedding Democratic Values in Moldova and Ukraine" project. The aim of this project is to facilitate embedding democratic values in the societal ethos in Moldova and Ukraine by providing a forum for discussion of the difficulties of such a complex process and by drawing on the transition experience of the Visegrad countries (the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia).
The papers published in the series are prepared by authors from various backgrounds: scholars from academia, analysts from think tanks, practicioners from civil society organizations.
The second round of papers published now deals with the role of civic education and media in democratization in countries of Central and Eastern Europe. They include the following:
- Olga Budnyk - Non-Formal Education in Ukraine: Its state, needs, challenges and impact [Download]
- Bálint Juhász - Krétakör Free School: A democratic education program [Download]
- Petru Macovei - Mass Media in the Context of Democratization: The case of the Republic of Moldova [Download]
- Martin M. Šimečka - Media in Slovakia: Good and bad news [Download]
- Václav Štětka - Between Instrumentalization and Para-Journalism: Current challenges to democratic roles of the media in the Czech Republic [Download]
Further working papers will become available on a rolling basis on our dedicated page for the series, here.